Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A lull in the storm

What a week! When my plate is too full, I am both stressed and happy. I love the focus it requires yet I hate how I have left so many things to the last minute. It is performance week for me and my students, and in the midst of it I have managed to make time to workout nearly every day, even though I am moving enough that I must already be burning about 3,000 calories a day! I rarely take rest days, as my habit to work out each day is so strong and I love that moment of the day. 
Today was apparently a rest day from fitness, and instead I sewed for about 5 hours, rehearsed for 3 hours with my students, cleaned my house, went shopping to get ingredients to make dark chocolate covered strawberries for myopathy performance reception tomorrow night, and cooked a yummy dinner of baked chicken and sautĂ©ed veggies for myself and my fiancĂ© who arrived this evening. I ran around like a maniac this morning trying to get all the costumes I needed from work into my car and writing down the seating order of students for the teachers in the performing hall of the local high school, which I am renting for the event. 
On Sunday night I was struggling with waves of guilt and questioning my lifestyle choices, which happens every now and then and helps me "clean out the closet" a bit. It led me to delete my social media apps for a few days, just to focus on my life directly around me and reorient myself with my priorities. 
And now it is the eve of the performance, and I am proud of my students and all they have achieved. Now I am hoping the Angels will work on it for us and send it back fresh, new, and full of life for our audience. 
Hope you are having a wonderful week! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment