Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Stormy with a Lining of Sunshine

A sixth grade boy noted today, "You seem happy." Whether or not he knew that the new ring on my finger symbolized my engagement to the love of my life, I was delighted with his comment and responded happily, I am!"

I am in love with life because of these moments. One moment you are struggling with the challenges and hiccups of life, and the next surprises you with pure, heavenly delight. The road is not flat, or not for long at least. I am a seeker of adventure and truth, and thus I am generally on a road that crosses mountains and hills. 

With the hope of a wedding sometime this year, I find myself filled with a new motivation to reach new health and fitness goals. I was serious before; I am ready to push beyond my limits now. Perfect timing, as I feel I was in a bit of an unsatisfactory plateau. The joy that is fueling me from this past week is a wind in my sails. I hope it lasts me during the next few weeks of performance prep time with my students in grades 3-8, as well as my fitness goals. 

Happy spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment